Thursday, April 3, 2008

April GW-300



For those of you following along at home, I have been wearing one G-Shock a month for a year. April's G-Shock is the revered and hated GW-300.



It's big, it's round, it has red highlights (I like red) and it has some fantastic features. Why the hate? Well, a bunch of these have either had a bad rechargeable battery, a bad module, or both. There are stories of perfectly fine watches malfunctioning for no apparent reason, and repaired watches crashing. Fortunately mine has been going strong for about three years and will hopefully keep going for many more.



The two main features on this watch are the solar cell that recharges the watch's battery and Casio's Waveceptor technology which receives the time signal broadcast from Colorado. With these two features the watch should never need a new battery nor need to be reset.

This was my first G-Shock and I'm looking forward to wearing it this month as it has been out of the rotation for awhile. Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

Eddie Colon said...

Hello. I have this model , since 2005 or 2006 , can't remember exactly. I must be one of the lucky ones , because I have never, never had a problem with the solar recharging or the signal from Colorado. I live in North Carolina now, but I received the signal with no problems even when I used to live in Puerto Rico ! I won't get another when this one finally dies on me, because I'm tired of the "big fat watch" look. But I will always admire Casio watches, they take a beating and keep on ticking. Just like Timex.. hahaha.